PRP Therapy vs Mesotherapy
An In-Depth Comparison Between PRP Therapy & Mesotherapy
The typically scar-filled and rough nature of the previously famous hair transplant surgeries effectively forced the advent of less sophisticated procedures, which is precisely what the potential customers desired and required. For those who just suffered from hair thinning or partial loss, there was the need of some minimally invasive treatments that could produce the desired results in no time. It is into this temporary void that PRP & mesotherapy were introduced, to generate lasting effects either alone or in conjunction with other techniques.
One of the most enterprising treatments of the present age, this involves taking a patient’s own blood from suitable parts of the body, and then re-injecting it back into the scalp portion in the head for aiding the hair restoration process. This makes it a relatively safe procedure since it drastically reduces the prospect of any rejections and/or reactions from the body, including infections. A promising aspect of this method is that it can be combined with either surgical hair transplants or non-surgical mesotherapy in order to obtain the maximum benefit from the entire exercise.
As a therapy that entails the administration of numerous micro-injections to the dermal layer of the skin one after the other through vital substances like vitamins, minerals, collagens, acids, and enzymes, it essentially boosts cell metabolism, & enhances the blood circulation to the surrounding areas. Thus it replenishes the dead or redundant hair cells.
Differences of PRP Therapy with Mesotherapy:
• While PRP involves multiple injections of platelet-enriched plasma, for mesotherapy it is a series of injections of hyaluronic acid.
• Mesotherapy is applied on the middle layer of the skin (mesoderm), but for PRP it can be on any layer of the skin to be treated.
• In general, PRP therapy is much more costlier than Mesotherapy.
• Whereas Mesotherapy requires about 5-6 sessions, PRP is extended over approx. 7-10 sessions.
• If PRP therapy takes an hour to complete with practically no downtime, Mesotherapy is usually done in half an hour’s time with some amount of downtime.
Both these popular and customer-centric treatments are practised at the several locations of the Nu Cosmetic Clinic spread across the UK, with the help of an efficient and knowledgeable specialist team who keep themselves up-to-date with the latest trends in the cosmetic industry. One can be assured of the only the most appropriate and relevant packages for you, after a complete analysis of their present medical situation & feasibility. Without doubt, regardless of which is better, PRP & mesotherapy can go a long way in eradicating your long-standing fears about that diminishing hair, and grant you a full transformation.